Born on February 13, 1973 in Nicosia (Cyprus). From 10 year old he began studying Greek and Cypriot folk dances, in the most famous dance school on the island. At the age of 15 he starts as a solo dancer of all forms of dance school in many countries (England, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, Canada, Greece, Sweden, etc.). In 1995, specializes Jazz ballet, flamenco, latin and social dancing (Salsa) as “Pine Apple Dancing School – London”. In 1996 is recorded as a regular student at the National Sports Academy – Sofia. He graduated in 2001 with honors in “Sports Dance and Physical Education.” During the study, he is engaged in sport dancing with Zlatin Kostov. In 1997, specializes in Madrid flamenco school “Amor de Dios”, then studied Cuban Salsa. Founded his first school for Latin American dancing and salsa in 1998. In the summer of that year he moved to Cuba where he specialized “Salsa Casino Rueda” to “Casa de cultura” in Muladas de Fuego (Tropicana) for AfroCuban style, then in Williams and legendary Tony Menendes – professor of Chayanne (Dance with me). In 1999, he participated in a seminar on flamenco and salsa in “Amor de Dios”. The same year he directed his first show “Call of the Dance” which besides being author and director participated as a soloist. The premiere took place in Hall 2 of National Palace of Culture had great success. At the same time presents several performances with his students throughout Bulgaria. In 2001, after an excellent graduation was invited for a doctorate on “Psychological preparation of the dancers.” Began teaching at the National Sports Academy – Social and Greek folk dances. The same year launched the program “Latino” on TV Demo. In May 2003 Pambos and Maria form a group Los Pambos, to participate as performers and instructors in many international salsa festivals in London, Marseille, Zurich, Prague, Milan, Hamburg, Berlin, Geneva, Paris, Athens, Vienna, Istanbul, Bucharest, Constanta, Cannes, Besancon, Monaco, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, etc. From April 2004 Pambos is an international salsa judge – 04.2004 Milano Salsa Open cuban and puerto rican division. Pambos and Maria are the only Balkan artists invited to the LA Salsa Congress. In April 2005 Pambos and Maria were invited to choreography crew scenes in the American movie production “Black Dahlia” directed by Brian De Palma. After the successful presentation of Pambos and Maria in Slavi’s show in October 2006, they are invited to participate in the choreographic team to the project of Slavi Trifonov – “Dance with me 1″ and “Dance With Me 2″ – aired in 2007 and 2008 on bTV. From 2007 Pambos organizes five of the largest scale and salsa and latin events such as:
1. Latino party to celebrate Valentine – February
2. Latin Carnival in the streets of Sofia – March
3. Latino festival in celebration of Children’s Day – June
4. Latino party in the open on the Day of Sofia – September
5. Balkan Salsa Congress held in Borovets – October
6. National Salsa Congress in Stara Zagora – February
7. Paradise Salsa Holiday in St. Power – June
In August 2009 Pambos and Maria are part of the national tour of Slavi Trifonov and Ku-Ku Band – No Mercy held in the 12 largest cities of Bulgaria. Immediately thereafter – September 2009 Pambos was invited as part of the jury of the international format Dancing Stars – 2 aired on bTV. In February 2011 Pambos and Maria are jury in Dance With Me 3, which is part of “Slavi’s Show”. In May 2011 he was invited as a co-host on the morning show on BNT 1 – “From close to Mary.”
Maria was born on the 1st of December in1980, in the town of Sofia. She started dancing at the age of seven, and was involved in sport dancing (ballroom and latin), later with Pambos, as a team, achieved Class “B”. Along with ballroom dancing Maria also learned rock and roll, ballet and Bulgarian folk dances. At the age of 16 she discovered salsa for the first time, then she continued her dancing carrer together with Pambos, but only in the field of “salsa dancing”. They appeared in numerous music videos, commercials, shows and TV programs, parties, cocktails and more. In May 2003 they formed the “Los Pambos”, in order to participate as performers and instructors in many international salsa festivals in: London, Marseille, Zurich, Prague, Milan, Rome, Hamburg, Berlin, Geneva, Paris, Athens, Vienna, Istanbul, Thessaloniki Bucharest, Constanta, Cannes, Besancon, Monaco, Washington, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, etc. Maria got her bachelor’s degree from Sofia University in “Pedagogy” in 2003; in the same year she god her 2nd degree in “Dance Sport Coach” at the National Sports Academy. Since April 2004 Mary is an international salsa judge as well, at competitions such as:
1. In April 2004 Milano Salsa Open – “Cuban”, “Puerto Rican”, and “Bachata” division.
2. In 2005 at the 3rd National Competition in Salsa; and May 2005 The Finals were held during the 1st BG Salsa Festival.
3. In 2006, she was a judge at the “Sofia Salsa Open”.
4. In May 2006 an international judge of the qualification for the World Cup in Las Vegas.
5. In 2007, a judge and competition in Plovdiv, Sofia and Varna Bulgaria chain Salsa Open.
6. In May 2008 she was a judge on the qualification for the World Cup held in the 4th Fanta Salsa Festival.
7. In July 2008 judging the qualification for the World Cup held in the 1st Black Sea Salsa Fest.
8. In March 2009 judge of Social Salsa Open.
9. In May 2009 judging the qualification for the World Cup held in the 5th Fanta Salsa Festival, part of the chain Cup Bulgaria.
10. In October 2009 judged at the qualification for the World Cup held during the 3rd Balkan Salsa Congress, part of the chain Cup Bulgaria.
11. In December 2009 judge in the qualifications for the World Cup held during the 6th Christmas Salsa Ball, the final round of the Cup circuit Bulgaria.
During the school year of 2003/2004 “Pambos Dancing Centre” opens its doors for kids. Mary successfully managed and developed the children’s dance classes, which enjoyed great success and gainer popularity. In April 2005 Pambos and Maria were invited as choreographers on the scenes in the American movie production “Black Dahlia” directed by Brian De Palma. Pambos and Maria are the only Balkan dancers invited to the “LA Salsa Congress”. After their successful participation, in the show “Fame” in October 2006, they are later invited to participate in the choreographic team to draft Slavi Trifonov – “Dance with me 1″ and “Dance With Me 2″ – aired in 2007 and 2008 on bTV. In August 2009 Pambos and Maria are part of the national tour of Slavi Trifonov and Kuku Band – “No Mercy” held in the 12 largest cities of Bulgaria. Immediately thereafter – in September 2009 Maria began her participation in the international format “Dancing Stars – 2” aired on bTV. In February 2011 Pambos and Maria were juries in the show format “Dance With Me 3”, which is again part of the “Slavi Show”.